Grosvenor Philatelic Auctions is a limited company registered in England and Wales, with company number 03444274. Our contact address is: Third Floor 399-401 Strand, London WC2R 0LT. For the purposes of data protection legislation in force, the data controller is Grosvenor Philatelic Auctions Limited. Please direct any data privacy queries and subject access requests to email@example.com. If you wish to unsubscribe from our mailing list, please enter your email address here.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- contact information including email address,
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests,
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers.
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new auctions, items of special interest or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online. We take security seriously, and do what we can within commercially acceptable means to protect your personal information from loss or theft, as well as unauthorised access, disclosure, copying, use or modification. That said, we advise that no method of electronic transmission or storage is 100% secure, and cannot guarantee the absolute security of your data.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Please find our full Cookies Policy here.
Links to other websites
We may ask you for personal information, such as your name, email, address, contact details and payment details. We collect only the personal information relevant to providing you with a service, and use your information only to ensure the fulfilment of this service. You are free to refuse our request for your personal information, with the understanding that we may be unable to provide you with some of your desired services without this information. We will only retain personal information for as long as necessary to provide you with a service.
You may choose to request, amend, manage, restrict or remove our use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the options where you can control if you want or do not want your information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes,
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to us or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org,
- we will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen,
- you may request details of personal information which we hold about you – if you would like a copy, please write to us or email email@example.com,
- if you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible — we will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
We log general information about your browser whenever you visit our website. This information may include your computer’s Internet Protocol (IP) address, your browser type and version, the pages you visit on our site, the time and date of your visit, and the time spent on each page. Like most website operators, we collect this data to better understand how our visitors use our services, and how we may improve your experience of our website in future. We do not share data specifics publicly, but may disclose aggregated and anonymised versions of this information, eg. in website usage trend reports.
We may employ third-party companies and individuals on our websites – for example, analytics providers and content partners. These third parties have access to your personal information only to perform specific tasks on our behalf, and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
If we or our assets are acquired, or in the unlikely event that we go out of business or enter bankruptcy, we would include user information among our assets transferred to or acquired by a third party. You acknowledge that such transfers may occur, and that any parties who acquire us may continue to use your personal information according to this policy.