Grosvenor is a privately owned British company founded by stamp professionals in 1997 to provide the best possible service for collectors, combining the traditional method of auction sale with the best of new technology. Over the last 22 years we have pursued this goal, making both incremental improvements in our efficiency and discovering entirely new ways to provide a better experience of sale for our clients.
Vendors most frequently come to us by recommendation, usually by previous or current clients. Their experience of our quality of service and friendly approach are our best advertisement.
The following are just some of the reasons why vendors choose Grosvenor ahead of our rivals:
- Our popular public auctions are held in the traditional heart of the stamp market on London’s famous Strand, close to Charing Cross, and are well attended. Record prices are regularly achieved.
- We do not buy and sell on our own behalf and act entirely in the vendor’s interest. Every effort is made to present your material to the market lotted, described and estimated to maximise its financial return.
- Our vendor commission rates are highly competitive. They are negotiable for suitable properties and we can usually match or beat rates offered elsewhere.
- Vendor commission charges are fully inclusive. No ‘hidden’ add-on fees will appear later as a nasty surprise on settlement statements.
- Grosvenor’s financial integrity is renowned in the stamp world. Vendor payments are prompt and reliable.
- Our friendly in-house professional team works closely with vendors and is able to be as flexible as possible in understanding and responding to individual needs.
- We maintain an unmatched network of specialist consultants that provides expert coverage for all aspects of the philatelic world.
- Grosvenor’s much admired (and often copied) printed catalogues are carefully crafted and researched. They are regarded as important reference works for the future and are sent to prospective buyers without charge.
- Our state of the art live bidding system is finely tuned to allow online bidders to participate in real time without unduly slowing down and frustrating the traditional competitive environment and this is reflected in our room attendance and results.
“I could not have been happier with the way you handled this auction. From the very beginning I knew I was dealing with quality when I met Andy – knowledgeable, professional and very easy to deal with. This trend continued with you when we agreed descriptions, valuations etc. in record time. Your direction and control of the actual auction was masterly. Not least David, whom I met at Stampex, was most helpful and considerate in relation to my attendance at the auction.
I was also extremely happy with the way my material was presented in the auction catalogue. It was given great prominence with an illustration for nearly every lot.
Thank you, Andy and your team for all this. I would without any hesitation dispose of any future material through Grosvenor.”
(E-mail received September 2019)
If you are considering the sale of surplus items, or the whole of your collection, contact Andrew Williams or Tom Margalski today on 020 7379 8789 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more about what we can do for you.
We look forward to being of service.